Thursday, September 3, 2009

Week 6 - Tute

Okey dokey.. So this weeks tute was pretty average. Dr Dan rambled on about our blogs for a little. I received a 62%. Pissed off? I'd have to say I was hoping more for the 80% bracket. I mean, 62% is still a pass, but it's a crappy pass... Here's what Dr Dan had to say.

If you're going to sign off "The 5 w's and h", you've got me worried. Not just because it's unclear how 5 w can have "and h" (because it's a possessive clause, not a plural), but because the blog begins so blisteringly well and then becomes ever-more reductive in its reflections. Good inclusion of media but often without sufficient explanation as to why this might interest the audience. It just needs a bit more 'lift' to get the 5 Ws over the line with the H.

Okay Dr Dan, you asked for more cynicism, so here it comes. Firstly, the 5 w's and h, stand for who, what, when, where, why and how, I thought that somebody with a doctorate would be able to figure that out, obviously not, my mistake, although you could have simply read my web address and put two and 2 together. (See what I did there.. Guys, Guys..). However from now on my signature will be the who what when where why how blog. Happy? Secondly, I included the media because we had to? I mean seriously, you mean to tell me that people who aren't in this class are reading my blog? Didn't think so... Anyway that my rant over. Hopefully I can improve my blog to a 80% standard.

After Dr Dan's ramble on about the blogs, and as we started to doze in our chairs, we awoke from our slumber when he mentioned the tute task.

MAKE A VIDEO!
We must use stills, include music, and not have any black screens.

Here it is... Alcoholism.
To all you phantom viewers of my blog, let me know what you think in a comment.



Keep your dial on me for a more cynical, intellectually challenging and gripping blog!

The who what when where why how blog

4 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I liked your video. very entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I HAVE SOMEONE READING MY BLOG! Amazing. Hahaha cheers. It wasn't too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    5 W's is the possessive clause, 5 Ws is the plural. If you want to refer to 'who, what, when, where, why, and how' then it should read 'the 5 Ws and H'.
    Dr D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scathing cynicism :D

    ReplyDelete